Saturday, October 13, 2012

i look up at the sky and the tiny blinking light of an airplane passing by tempts me to catch it between my fingers, but i've lost count and wishes don't come true, so i bury my hands in pocket of my hoodie and i miss you.

and i look at the stars that are the same ones you're looking at from hours away and remember how we used to look at them in each other's arms and i miss you. i feel the cold air on a clear fall day and i miss you. and i find myself reaching for your hand when i go to our places and i miss you. i worry that now i know happy and i won't get it back and i miss you. and i know you're never coming back and i need to let myself move on and i miss you.

i’ll unfurl the old and curl up with it into my sheets, wrap myself up in hollow surrender, breathe it into my pillowcase and play it on my guitar strings because i miss you.

i miss you missing me. we'll both move on soon, i'm sure, and there will be a different girl who proudly shoulders the label of best friend and i'll be here a thousand miles away kissing someone you'll never meet along the river walk on a thursday. and even though i'll move on and you'll move on, i still miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment